What type of curly perm do you have?

My Tribute to the King of the Curl

Friday, April 10, 2009

Product Reviews - Care Free Curl

I realize that most curly perms do not exclusively use the products designed by the manufacturer of their curly perm. However, I would like to get information directly from users on the products available for each line. Since CFC seems to be very popular I thought I'd start here. Ladies, I'm really hoping that you'll give me feedback. Knowing whether these products actually live up to their claims can really be useful to other curl divas reading. If I receive enough feedback, I will try to compose a summary of the feedback for each product.

Much to the dismay of my stylist Natalie, I strayed from DE products for a day. I used the CFC Gold Activator as well as the CFC Snap Back Curl Restorer. Since I only used them for one day, I don't know if that was long enough to give an effective review. I can only say that I did seem to get curl restoration & my hair seemed just as moisturized as when I use DE products.

So here's the lineup for CFC & the claims of each product. This info was taken directly from the Soft Sheen Carson website.

CONDITIONING SHAMPOO
CLAIM: A protein enriched shampoo with the proper pH balance to work on Care Free Curls. This rich, creamy, pearled conditioning shampoo lathers out dirt and grease while adding cleaning emollient oils to the hair and scalp. For curls, relaxed or pressed hair.

CURL ACTIVATOR
CLAIM: Use for daily rejuvenation of curls. The built-in conditioners maintain the proper moisture-oil balance necessary for soft, healthy and moist curls. Repairs split ends, revitalizes limp curls and conditions the hair.

GOLD ACTIVATOR
CLAIM: Activates and moisturizes in one easy step. Restores curls, smooths hair and adds sheen while the silk moisturizers soften and help prevent breakage. Hair is left feeling silky and non-greasy.

GOLD DAILY MOISTURIZING CREME
CLAIM: Designed for natural or curly hair and infused with triple conditioners. Provides the ultimate moisturization in a light crème form. Leaves no heavy build up for a dry & natural feel.

GOLD HAIR & SCALP MIST
CLAIM: Exclusively formulated for the dry curl look, this product helps prevent hair breakage while providing around the clock moisture control without excess wetness. Excellent for curls or natural styles.

INSTANT MOISTURIZER
CLAIM: Activates and moisturizes in one easy step. Restores curls, smooths hair and adds sheen while the silk moisturizers soften and help prevent breakage. Hair is left feeling silky.Non-greasy.


LITE GEL CURL ACTIVATOR
CLAIM: A clear gel for the daily maintenance of curls. This gel activator penetrates quickly and is easily absorbed into the hair without flakes. The combination of humectants helps restore the proper oil-moisture balance in the hair shaft to achieve healthy and moist curls.

SNAPBACK
CLAIM: Designed to snap back the curls’ integrity. Restores moisture and oils removed during shampooing and SNAPS the hair back to life. Great fragrance!