What type of curly perm do you have?

My Tribute to the King of the Curl

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let's Talk Hair Goals

Well today is my 3 week anniversary with my curly perm. Still NO regrets. I'm loving the convenience. I'm loving the low-to-no manipulation. I love my "faux natural"!

I was really feeling the healthy appearance & thickness of my newest feature's
(-PAJE-)hair. Length has been my number one goal but I'm starting to sway. Don't get me wrong, I still want to be MBL/WL in the very near future. But...I also want my hair to be thick from root to tip with no stringy ends.

Right now my short term goal is to simply be BSL, hopefully by September 24 of this year (my 35th b-day). But if not, I'd settle for hitting BSL by the Christmas holidays.

So what are your goals ladies? I've seen on BHM where some of you actually prefer to wear your curls shorter so I know length isn't necessarily everyone's ultimate goal.

Also what are you doing to achieve these goals?

For me, I've decided to try & only touch up once every 6 months. I'm also trying to discipline myself to start wearing more protective styles to preserve my ends. And, I have been baggying overnight for a moisture boost.

I look forward to hearing your feedback. Take care ladies...