What type of curly perm do you have?

My Tribute to the King of the Curl

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Overnight Baggying

In an effort to make sure that I maintain the proper moisture level in my hair at all times, I baggy overnight for added moisture. I've been concerned about hair loss around my hairline due to the elastic in the plastic cap. So some nights I'll wrap my hair in saran wrap. However, the saran wrap seems so much hotter than the plastic cap.

Well someone on LHCF posted about a new invention called the Hydracap. Thing is, this isn't a new invention. It's simply a dome shaped shrink wrap bag.

I tried it out & overall it works much better than a plastic cap. There's no elastic to pull at your hairline. Because you use heat to mold it to your hair, it actually will stay put & not come off during the night. The only downside is the noise!

Because it is composed of really thick plastic, it has the loudest crunch ever. I didn't even make it overnight with it on. My hubby made me take it off due to the noise. So...if you're single this might work.

Here's a pic of what it looks like. Also I did a little research & you can definitely beat the Hydracap website's prices. When the hydracap website first launched the prices were like $10 for 50 caps or 20 cents per cap.

Of course I was able to beat that price big time! I found a website where you can get 500 caps for $34 or 7 cents per cap.

Let me know if any of you ladies decide to try this out.