What type of curly perm do you have?

My Tribute to the King of the Curl

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

GROWTH CHECK

I'm sure most of you have heard/read that the average person's hair growth is about 1/2 inch per month. Usually I'm pretty average. When I was anal about measuring & using all sorts of topical growth aids, sometimes I would see 3/4 inch, up to 1 inch per month. However, topical growth aids are big commitments & I usually would slack after the 1st month.

I had posted previously that I felt down because I felt like my hair was growing slower than normal. Well, my wonderful stylist, Natalie, informed me that I probably couldn't see much difference between the textures of my new growth & my curl. And basically she was right. However, though I can't see the difference, I definitely can feel it.

So, I decided to pull out my tape measure & see if I was at least seeing average growth & HALLELUJAH, I am! My one month anniversary was on the 11th of this month. So basically I've had my curl for a month and a half. I have about 3/4 inch of new growth. That puts me on target for having one inch in two months.

I know these pics aren't the best but my photographer of choice tonight was my 13 year old. I didn't feel like trying to explain to hubby what I was doing with a tape measure to my scalp. LOL

I basically put the clip at the very edge of my newgrowth. I also took the flash off - so no my hair isn't quite that dusty looking. (:-)

Divas, what are your growth rates like? Is everyone prettymuch average? I'm thinking if we grow 6 inches of hair per year, exactly how much should we be retaining? I would like to at least retain 5 of the 6.