What type of curly perm do you have?

My Tribute to the King of the Curl

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My First 24 Hours

So, of course I'm not going to just blog about my hair everyday but I'll be honest I'm still gathering info to pass on to all of my curl divas out there. Be patient with me. I cannot begin to tell you how many compliments I've gotten on my hair - online as well as in real life. I just left my son's school & I bumped into one of the natural parents that I know. She, too, is having relationship issues with her hair & had twists in with the idea of just locing her hair. Now she's seriously considering going to my stylist & getting a curl.

Then the nice lady that is over the After School Program is trying to figure out how she can grow her relaxer out to get one. I think that most people are simply surprised that this isn't the jheri curl from back in the day.

I cannot begin to express how much I'm loving my hair. Last night I sprayed some product on, put on a bonnet & went to bed. This morning it was flat & mashed b/c that's alot of hair to get in one bonnet so I sprayed some more product, scrunched & went on my way. I am very heavy handed with product so I'm probably using way more than I have to. Midday I sprayed more product & put a little bit of the dry lotion in & scrunched some more. I used my metal afro comb on the roots to give it more volume.

So...even though I've sprayed my hair about 3 times today as well as applied a little moisture lotion, my hair is not greasy. It's not sticky & it's soft. I have naturally dry hair so I think it's just drinking up the moisture.

Routine wise I'm going to K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sisters). I'll moisturize daily, of course & poo/DC weekly. When I finally get my lazy but back in the gym, I will co-wash once between poos.

Here's a few pics of my 2nd day hair. Cya...