What type of curly perm do you have?

My Tribute to the King of the Curl

Friday, March 13, 2009

Last Hair Pic 4 a Minute, I Promise

No, the purpose of this blog isn't just about my hair. But...I was loving my hair so much today I just had 2 share. I haven't been this pleased with my hair in a very long time.

But before I start talking about my hair, let me say this. Trying to get information from the major manufacturers of curly perms has not been easy. I contacted Soft Sheen Carson (owned by Loreal - makers of Wave Nouveau & Care Free Curl) before I even launched the blog. Well I finally spoke to a live person with their company today & she has promised me that she will be forwarding my request for info on to the proper person. I've also contacted Mizani to find out if they're even still making their curl line. No response. I contacted Avlon about the Ferm line & was pleasantly surprised when the president of the company responded personally. He has promised to get me some information on their line as well. So please know that these things are in the works. (:-)

Now on to my hair. I'm very heavy handed w/products. If my stylist says use a dime size, I use a quarter size. So I got product happy & I didn't like how my hair was feeling. Well my stylist said I should wait 7 days to wash my hair but she didn't say I couldn't wet it, right...? (I sure hope she isn't keeping up with my blog.)

So I decided to try & rinse some of the product off & I wet my hair in the shower. When I got out I applied about a half dollar amount of lotion and a few squirts of the spray moisturizer in my hair & dried my hair about 80% dry w/a diffuser. I also used my metal afro comb to give the roots volume.

As for the pics, the crazy looking one happened b/c my photographer (a.k.a my 12 year old who thinks I've gone mad w/my hair obsession) decided to take the pic while I was still giving him instructions. However, I liked how my hair looked so I just ran with it. Oh, excuse my junky bathroom.

One last thing before I get out of here. Can the ladies that are reading this & plan to continue following please do me a small favor or two? Number 1, can you please subscribe? And number 2, can you please e-mail me at ckcnakia@gmail.com with topics that you would like to see discussed on here? I really want to get a good idea of what the interest is so that I can provide the best blog possible.

Have a wonderful weekend!